How to Handle Acne Treatment!


I am not a doctor nor a medical expert, I am just sharing my experience if you ever decide to undergo this kind of medication please consult a dermatologist.

While in medication for hormonal imbalance.

I used to pray for my health while on this journey. Having this powerful medicine might harm your health if you are not careful and if you don't follow the doctor prescriptions. I used to research first and watch a lot of reviews regarding this medication before taking it.

Please be aware when taking this kind of medication you should avoid planning of having a baby or avoid doing the medication while you are pregnant as it will cause a defect on the unborn baby.

The most important part of curing my hormonal acne is to discipline and coach self in everyday routine. Starting from the foods I ate, skin care routine, the product I use to take care of my skin, Timing of the medication intake, how do I handle my emotions, fight my laziness, the pain of the acne, dealing with people when they see me with ugly face and more.

About the food, I ate

I have to prepare healthy food for myself. Choosing fruits and vegetables, not oily food (Even if I am craving for fries that are big no...). Most food that I ate was steamed like broccoli, carrots, and fish. In addition, every morning before doing my stuff, I used to drink warm water with fresh lemon on it. I also carry all day a bottle of water with fresh lemon and most of the time I add cucumber, kiwi and green apple to add some flavour on it to detoxify my body, moreover, it also helps to reduce my calories.

Skincare routine

At that time my skin was fragile. I have to wash my skin carefully and gently especially my face. As I woke up in the morning I usually wash my face first with a look warm water then using Cetaphil liquid soap I rub in my hand first then I gently rub into my face for a few seconds, I raise my face with normal water after, for drying up my skin I used tissue not a towel because after using once I'll throw it away, while the towel we use it many times before washing it again  it is prone to bacteria and your skin has small wounds it might irritate and can worsen acne.

I use different kind of a soap that I purchase in Philippine after I finish the liquid soap. I ask my mom to buy me 10 pcs every time my cousin go on a vacation. Of meztiza soap and give to someone I know travelling to the country I live in present.

There are some distributor in UAE but it is expensive than the usual price in Philippine and I cannot assure if the soap is genuine.

Moving on, after washing my face I put moisturizer on my face, petroleum jelly for my lips and body lotion with sunscreen protection I can't leave the house if I don't have this in my skin. I also need to bring those things all day with me whenever I am.

In the evening before going to sleep I do the same way. The tip is to moisturize and moisturized the whole body. 

I didn't ever pop up the acne and pimples in the face the reason is if it heals at the end of the treatment it will cause deep hole spot on the face and I don't want to have that (let it heal itself). I don't either peel my skin when it’s very dry, some skin is peeling off itself. Let the medication do the job to clear it.


Side Effects of the medication, how do I deal with it?


Taking Oratane has some side effects depend on a person. Dryness all over the body is normal if you are taking this treatment. In my case, I usually get lazy and felt very tired. Sometimes at night thinking about every situation happening, then I can't handle myself and I get so emotional the worst thing was nobody were there to give comfort. 

I suggest taking this medication while you’re with family or love once so you couldn't think about all the issues you’re worrying. Make self-surrounded with people who care and love you. 

Most of the time I go away from the negativity that affects my feelings and emotions. I make myself busy and go with someone who cheers me up.

Important Note and Tips:

  • Push self to go for an hour mixed with brisk walk and jog 4 to 5 times a week
  • Drink a lot of water 
  • Eat only boil, bake or steamed foods 
  • Eat fruits and vegetables every day
  • Moisturize the whole body especially the face
  • Reducing your ѕkіn’ѕ еxроѕurе tо hаrmful ѕоlаr rays саn keep іt in a gооd соndіtіоn. If your ѕkіn іѕ hеаlthу it іѕ less likely tо ѕсаr.
  • Uѕе a ѕunѕсrееn thаt is at lеаѕt SPF 30 оr higher.
  • Apply sunscreen generously аnу tіmе уоu go outside. 
  • Follow the doctor's prescription
  • Avоіd рісkіng at ѕсаbѕ. When you do this you rіѕk іnfесtіоn, аѕ wеll аѕ further dаmаgе to the ѕkіn аnd undеrlуіng tіѕѕuе. Pісkіng аt a scar саn cause bасtеrіа to enter thе wоund, and can result іn a lаrgеr scar.
  • Avoid popping, ѕԛuееzіng, оr рісkіng аt асnе. Thіѕ саn саuѕе pimples tо bесоmе larger аnd іrrіtаtеd.

What I used while in Medication

I bought a good moisturising lotion and fill a small bottle and keep it with me all the time to apply it if I feel needed. I usually used liquid cleanser soap during 1st to 2nd month of my treatment for washing my face to avoid hush irritation on my skin.

Petroleum Jelly to moisturized my lips I also used at night to moisturized  my face

Eat fresh fruits and veggies every day
(This was the secret soap that I used since I was in college, this soap helps me to get clear and have glowing skin. I adopt it from my best friend she also used these soap and I swear her skin was so smooth and clear it work with us, I won't promise but it might work with you as well.)

Drink a lot of water detoxify the body put some lemon or other fruits to add some flavour bring it with you refill the bottle when it's empty. 




Check my first blog to know about: My acne story, how I get rid of it! 

Send me an email or comment below if you have a question. 

I hope I inspired you, take care beautiful and kind people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braces Pros and Cons

Acne story, how I get rid of it!

Paris France Travel Blog