Germany Travel Blog First Europe Trip


HALLO DEUTSCHLAND!

HELLO, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! 

Joanna is here signing in again...






I am so excited to share with you guys about my travel experience to Europe :) Besides that, in this blog, I will also give some tips and ideas that could help you plan a trip not only in Europe but it will be useful for any place you want to travel.

A SHORT STORY OF MINE
 

When I was in college one of my instructor in tourism management give us a task. It was an individual task to draw dream destinations and provide a demo session to the entire class. I took it seriously, at that time I was thinking there was no limitation to dream my most favourite destination so I am free to express myself and choose my dream destination. 

I drew Hong Kong Disney land as my 2nd and Paris Eiffel tower as the 1st dream travel destination. I remember one of my classmates said that I am imagining impossible things because most of them just drew local places in our country which is the Philippines. I drew the Eiffel tower nicely and wrote the details and also given a demo session to our classroom and why I choose those places. (I received a score of 90 % plus over 100% couldn’t remember exact score).I don’t have an expectation at all, no idea that I can make it for real.

This article is very special for me because it is my first time travelling in Europe and I travelled on my own, we usually ask our parents to support us what we want to do but this time it’s all on my responsibility. 

I plan a year ahead for my trip; prepared everything after I received my Schengen visa which is like a sticker that they place on the passport page allowing you to enter in Europe countries (I will make a separate blog on how to apply a Schengen Visa for Europe here in Abu Dhabi, UAE and what and how I do sort out my kinds of stuff to travel in Europe)

MY EUROPE TRIP PART ONE!

UAE to Germany


So here I come 20th October 2017, I was so excited and thrilled I can’t believe that after 7 years the place which I present to the classroom come true. As I said earlier nothing is impossible if you believed in yourself!)

I left Abu Dhabi evening time via taxi; however, my initial thought was planning to take a bus to airport.I’ve been researching a week before about how to go to the airport and where is the bus station, how much I should pay to compare to a taxi. But then I have my 20 kilos luggage and a hand carry with me and one of my friend told me it’s difficult to go in a bus with my outfit (I was wearing amble high waist black pants, a maroon fitted sweater and a black pointed ankle boots matching a maroon hat with big curl long black hair, I felt like I am a Parisian girl with red lipstick hahaha!)along with my luggage she advised me to ride a taxi.

So I reached  the airport without any hassle, ride a taxi was a good decision because I need to find my way and look into my flight etc.(by the way I manage to check in myself through online so no hassle.) I walk to the entrance, they scanned my eyes and put a sticker on the back of my passport I go inside to drop only my check-in luggage as I already checked in online.

I choose to buy direct flight even though it’s very expensive because I don’t want to ruin my vacation causing of flight issue (I was looking for cheap one so I was waiting and waiting for a good deal of a site which I could compare prices lucky I got my direct flight by Etihad Airways for a good deal).

In addition to that I found out that if you pay through online for Etihad ticket, either you want online check-in or check in to the airport counter you need to show the card you used to purchase the ticket or a copy of the card and a letter of the card owner who purchased the ticket before they release the boarding pass. If someone bought a ticket for you then they will provide you with your boarding pass but for me, I used my debit card to purchase my ticket so I showed my debit card to the check-in agent.


Terminal 1 Abu Dhabi Airport Departure area


Even though I was a bit nervous, I enjoy every moment because it was my dream to travel to Europe. While on my way I took a small video clip going to the boarding gate but my video was not that good.

The Abu Dhabi airport is so huge, clean and has good facilities not much crowded at early hours. Believe me or not I couldn’t see any Filipino person on that flight so I was sitting and waiting by myself for the boarding time, however, A group of German people choose to be seated beside me and I was surrounded by them they were very approachable so I cope to talk to them to distract myself thinking of my trip they are in the same flight with mine (they thought I am a Japanese or Chinese girl) I feel so relaxed so I stop worrying.

The plane board about 2:00am UAE time so I sleep while on the flight. After 6 hours here I go Hallo Deutschland!!! Means Hello Germany!!!…… the plane reaches Düsseldorf Germany 7:45am Germany time (3hours behind from UAE). I was surprised because when I look out the window plane, it was still dark like evening in UAE or Philippines and it was pouring but when the time I go out the plane I look around and all I can see are white people wow I feel the weather of Europe it’s so amazing really excited I can’t explain my feeling.

I follow the way of the passengers and reached the Immigration counter. There are 2 counters one for EU citizen and another for all other nationalities. I went to the other nationality section and choose a counter the immigration officer ask me few general questions and I replied, however, the only question which I fail was he ask me where am going to stay and answer him the place which is Neuss, I couldn’t able to pronounce Neuss which is for them “Noise” a place in Germany where I stay, everything else was perfect. The officer put entry stamp with a smile at me I was bit nervous when I say Neuss… But all went well! I took my luggage and went out of the airport.

As I planned my trip a year ahead I’ve researched my way and transportation. So I bought a ticket which I can travel for Sky train, land train (S Bahn) and tram.

First, I took Sky train but that train doesn’t have the direct route to the hotel so change to land train which is S11 and took another ride with the tram. Transportation is so easy provided you have to know where you go.

Day 1 Oct. 20th


When I reached HBF Dusseldorf means Haf ben Huef the main train station in Dusseldorf to connect with other places in Germany it is a big and nice station having lots of food courts, Grocery shops, Pastry shops etc.  The station is so busy all the times and there are lots of people with different nationalities I went out of the station then I took tram going to hotel good thing about their transportation if you buy a ticket for the whole day you can ride as long as you want provided that the train route is included in the ticket package you bought.

Arrived in my hotel accommodation rest for a while and check around near places and Buy foods. The first food I ate in Germany is the Pizza….

                                                In Front of the main train station in Dusseldorf


 The busy place when you go straight there are a lot of Asian restaurants which is so awesome


A statue of a man taking a photo I thought he is real.


                                                                  The view from my room

I love it! Refreshing Scenery  

Neuss Road where the Tram Goes



Where I used to buy fresh foods in their Supermarket called Lidle

Rhein Park



Nice to have a photo shoot in this area, I saw some models and photographers doing their photo shoot here. There is a lake where you could see a different kind of Ducks and Swan

Day 2 Oct. 21st


Woke up early as I still feel jetlag I thought its morning but still so dark so I decided to sleep again then woke up around 10:00am and I could see the sky so I make myself ready and go out to explore the places nearby.

You can see the sunlight so I thought to wear a black sweater and ripped jeans and a white shoe with matching white bonnet. When I went out the sun is there but the weather is so cold. I decide to go out just like that without wearing a jacket, I thought it's fine that I have my scarf with me but later on, I feel like freezing cold locals from that place wearing thick jackets and boots to warm their self while I came from the desert place I wear normal clothes. I feel so awkward and weird about myself.


Altstadt (Old Town)





 Rein River 






A restaurant where I had a beer and  sausage


St. Lambertus Basilika


An Old church in Old town for praying only 

I bought another train ticket for the whole day so I could go check places around I stop in the same place HFH station and walk around I am so amazed really, I feel so happy and contented ,  All the money I spent to get there was worth it because of an unexplained feeling of happiness inside me.

In one area which they called RhinePark, there are restaurants that you could have a beer it looks like a festival long queue of restaurants long selling foods but their main products are beer.

Near the park, there is a place which called old town it looks like a very classic place you can really feel that you are in Germany because of the architecture of the old houses, church, and even roads were made of bricks.

After taking pictures I went back to the restaurants and try their sausages I can’t even pronounce the name of that sausage so I just showed to the order taker also it will not be complete if I couldn’t try their fresh beer so I order one medium glass of fresh beer again can’t pronounce their menu so I just ask to give me something like the people in other tables what they have to be sure.

The sausage was very nice they serve it in a bowl with boiled water on it to keep the sausage warm.

Since this is my 2nd day I notice that their stores have the strict opening and closing time and will close around 8pm, and I think they are closed during Sunday and even the mall was close.

Restaurants are close about 1pm and they will open in the evening time at 3 pm so I make sure to buy food before they close.

Day 3 Sunday, Oct. 22nd


My day three! Was so exciting as when I get up and prepare myself I feel like I am exploring myself too as I am trying to feel like a new person as a mature I am thinking that I am proud of myself because I made it. 

Left the hotel early morning and again go around and explore the places I had my milk for breakfast and a croissant which I bought in the Lidle the famous supermarket chain in Germany.

I tried their pasta which they could cook in front of their customer and can choose your own ingredients, I choose seafood pasta I ask to put salmon, shrimp with cheese and white sauce honestly, it’s so tasty delicious.



Rhein Park Center (mall near the hotel)




Explore Foods in the Town 

Day 4 Oct. 23rd


One thing I notice is that people are staring at me all the time everywhere I go even children and adult, I feel like is there something wrong on me am I doing something bad thing that they don’t like in their culture… I was wondering why… 

( it’s like when we see white people in our places we stare and look amazed that there is an unfamiliar person around from other country made people happy because they go there to visit the place)

Then I notice that no Asian girl walking around the place they couldn’t even guess what’s my nationality is. Maybe that’s the reason why they look at me like that but they are so nice when I smile at them they smile wide back at me so not scared at all. They were so approachable which made me more relax and comfortable to go around.

because of cold weather I could see most of the people drinking beer or vodka to keep their body warm, I saw some people walking holding a bottle of beer like soft drinks and they drink on their way to keep their self warm.





Rhein Tower
















Rhein Tower View



Dusseldorf Parliamentary



At my back are the paintings of the leaders in Dusseldorf Germany



Old Town Restaurants






Day 5 Oct. 24th


5thday it was not planned to go to a park which they called Japanese Garden and because the transportation is good I manage to find it even though it is far from the main location where I stay. I heard that in the past Düsseldorf Germany was a Japanese base, therefore, I was not surprised when I found out that there is a Japanese Garden.

When I reach it is quite difficult to find it because it was in a place that you wouldn’t know it was there.

I saw signage and guess that the Japanese garden I walked inside and it was very peaceful clean very refreshing place beside the park there is a Japanese kinder school.

On that day I also manage to go and check other places on my way back I took some photos there is also tourist around in those places.


                                                                   Japanese Garden









Make a wish 

Other Places







Day 6 Oct. 25th


My day 6th was aside trip to Cologne Germany early morning.

I went to the chocolate factory, the arch bridge which has also love lock like in Paris France and the highlight is the old famous church which has been built in many many years ago and still strong and beautiful grab the chance to go to places as I need to go back to Neuss on the same day.

I will share something that is very important and I still do believe in it I have believed that if you enter a church which you never had been before especially the very old once be sure to make a wish and your wish will be granted in time, Furthermore I did it in other churches, temples, and God statue. So every church I visit for the first time, I talk to God and pray and after that, I make a wish. I recommend to just give it a try maybe it works either you’re a Christian, Catholic, Hindu or on-so-on nothing is wrong with that whatever your religion it is. 

                                                       Cologne (Koln) Cathedral

I saw some Asians and people from my country in this area having a tour with their families

Very well known old and beautiful architectural design church in Cologne 




Restaurants where you can find a good steak











 Chocolate Factory

 
I couldn't find any picture of the factory don't know where did I save

The View of the Cathedral and the Lock Bridge


Love Lock Bridge



Statue at the end of the Bridge



Day 7 Oct. 26th


This day I left early morning in Germany to catch the bullet train going to….

DANKE DEUTSCHLANDEurope trip Part Two to be Continue in my next Blog….


All of these things I made on my own with praying and believing myself that I could make this come true.

I never expect that it came to the point that step by step I am so close to my dreams. Achieving your own dreams is a lifetime experience that you could treasure as long as you live. I believed If God didn’t give you the thing you were wishing for then expect that there is something big that God prepared for you more than you are asking for him.

I think travelling will be my life soon, I enjoy so much and you know It was not only for enjoyment but also I can be able to learn a lot of things and  ideas and imagine a lot of things that could be able to help in my future plans It’s an adventure of life that you shouldn’t be missed. The main thing is... it makes me more aware of everything happening in the world with my own eyes and will feel amazed you would think that you were lucky to witness and experience what other countries cultures.

Here are some of the tips I would advise:

  • If you are a first-timer, plan your trip a year ahead and take it easy by the time you will travel no headache.
  • Research everything: currency, the people, culture, local transportation, what are the places you want to visit, what are the local foods you should try on.
  • Prepare your travel itinerary
  • Estimate and budget how much you expense: research some blogs that have their own calculation how much they spend so that you can still save more money as I said to plan the trip a year ahead so you have plenty of time and it will save money too.
  • Know the season (winter or summer) when you visit Europe so you could invest on clothes that you can wear on your trip as you have plenty of time to buy, it is difficult to prepare and buy everything you need in one go as it’s so stressful.
  • Check on the internet what are the clothes to wear so you will have an idea, check on different sites.
  • More important that you should research the local transportation and map routes.
  • Everything is on the internet nowadays research if those places you want to visit have their entrance fee and how much will cost.
  • Take note if you are from outside Europe countries I advise you to keep all receipts that you spent in Europe as you can ask in the airport where to refund the vat you paid for, however, I am not so sure if how much euro limit before you can refund the taxes
(I’m sure you guys have suggestions comment down below and I will be happy to read and learn about your bits of advice too.)



Life is all about having good and bad memories; try to keep good memories of your life.


ICH DANKE DIR SEHR! In English THANK YOU SO MUCH!


Thank you for reading my blog beautiful and kind people I love you all

another

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braces Pros and Cons

Acne story, how I get rid of it!

Paris France Travel Blog